Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bye bye Miss.American Pie...

It's eight hours before I have to be at the airport and 10 hours before my flight departs to New York. It still hasn't sunk in that I'm leaving. I haven't thought about the fact that I won't see my family for a good portion of the year, or my bed, or the familiarity of my grandmother's house. Well, I mean I have thought about it, I did just now. But it doesn't hit me in the sentimental way. I guess that is good. Like ignorance being blissful. I bet if I had traveled to Ireland prior to applying to this school I probably would have talked myself out of doing so. Telling myself that I wouldn't like the weather or the distance of the university to the city centre. The thing that has been worrying me the most is getting through security at the airport. I don't want them throwing out my items, losing my luggage or stealing it. I need to think positive thoughts, such as, "Everything will turn out fine. I will have an easy and wonderful trip."

I packed two 60 lb. bags, a duffel carry-on and a "purse." I am checking my two 60 lb. bags all the way through to Dublin with Aer Lingus. They allow up to 70 lbs. for each bag and the first checked bag is free, the second checked bag is $50. Not too bad considering what other airlines charge.

I still have things strewn across my bed and I don't think I'll make it to sleep anytime soon. I'm supposed to be up at 6:30 a.m. because my family wants to take me out to breakfast before I have to arrive at the airport.

I'm going to go put more things in order and fix my hair. My work here is never done.

No comments:

Post a Comment